Thanks to the generosity of John and Patty Brown from Minnesota Jernie Brooks will be able to continue her education and attend tenth grade!
Linda Nickle from Minnesota has kindly decided to support George Green’s schooling.
The gift of an education makes all the difference in the world to the youth in Roatan who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
To those of you touched by Jernie’s story, there are many other Movement youth who need educational sponsorship (watch for their essays coming here soon), or you can choose to make a donation to support the programming of World Youth Movement.
Each donation puts us closer to our goal of offering programming to all youth within the immediate vicinity who want to participate, and eventually expanding to include the youth of neighbouring areas.
We operate on a lean mean budget with essentially no overhead costs, so you can know that 100% of your donation goes to supporting activities that directly impact the youth, such as transportation to sports practices and games and pens and notebooks for the leadership groups.
Below are some of the items we’d like to purchase to help us improve and expand our operations on Roatan.
- Vehicle to transport kids to programming and sports practice and games. We’ve been searching for some time, and price a reliable van to be between $5,000-9,000
- Camping Tents and Supplies (sleeping bags, lanterns, flashlights) for 15 youth and 3 adults to be used 6-8 times per year $2,000
- Water cooler to be used for games, practices, events and camping $100
- Fishing Poles and Supplies (net, extra hooks, sinkers, tacklebox) based on a capacity of 5 $500
- Laptop computer to maintain the organizations records and communicate with donors $500
We thank our angels from around the globe for your care and continued support. We couldn’t do this without you!Every little bit helps, and if you’d like to give a gift earmarked for a certain purpose you can easily do that by using our “donate now” paypal button to the right of the website.